New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2003 on Vista (Office 2000)

I installed Office 2000 on my new Vista system and discovered enough problems that I've decided to upgrade. I have a copy of Office Pro 2003 Home & Student. WIll that work on Vista or do I need to get 2007? Whichever one I go with, should I uninstall 2000 before installing the new suite?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2003 on Vista (Office 2000)

Office 2003 should work well on Windows Vista. If you had lots of problems with Office 2000, it's best to uninstall it before you install Office 2003. You'll lose all your personal settings, though.
    (What problems did you have with Office 2000?)

Wow, another very early Lounger posting for the first time! A belated welcome!

New Lounger
    Thanks

My main concern is that Office Update doesn't work for Office 2000 on Vista. Also, Outlook goes thru first time start up every time I open it. I looked at using the new Windows Calendar and Contacts applications in lieu of Outlook and I don't think I can live with their limitations. Windows Mail looks fine - I used Outlook Express anyway.

Thanks for the welcome! And for the quick response. I've been a Woody's Watch reader for a long time, but fortunately haven't needed much help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Welcome to "The Lounge"
    Yes, Office 2003 Teachers and Students Edition runs quite well on Vista. I used it most of time I was Beta testing Vista.

Home and Student did NOT come out until the release of 2007, so I think you have Teachers and Students 2003!

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.