1. Star Lounger
    Thanks

Save with Visual Basic (97)

I am using Excel 97. I made a popular workbook a template so that it will save certain contents to Access. On this workbook, I have a macro that will print it and then clear it.
    Bottom line is that I want to be able to save the info, print it then clear the contents.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark

PS. I hope that I expalined it ok.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Save with Visual Basic (97)

Is ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs what you are looking for?
    Legare Coleman

4. Star Lounger
    Thanks

I guess that I have to learn more about saving the information to an Access database.
    At what point does the information get sent and saved?
    Could I automate this task with a macro?
    Then I could add it to the macro that print and resets the worksheet.

5. Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

OOPS. I didn't read your question closely enough. I missed the Access. I just thought you wanted to save the workbook. I am not an Access person, so hopefully someone else will jump in with an answer for you.
    Legare Coleman

6. Gold Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think Excel can save a file as an Access database file. The best way to get the data to access might be to save as a CSV file, or an other delimited text file format, and then import into Access. You can with a bit of planning have Access import an Excel file, but the procedure is pretty much the same as importing a text file.

Do you need to clear the contents, as it is a template. Just close the file and then use File ,New and choose your custom template , and you should have a fresh copy.

Andrew C

7. Star Lounger
    Thanks

Backing up.
    This workbook is how our company quotes jobs. We want to save this info so that we can do analysis later.

I saw in the Excel help that you can create a template that copies worksheet data to a database. I set up the template and linked the fields in the worksheet to the Access database.

My problem is that we will do multiple quotes at a time (one after another) and I need to be able to send the data to the database when we are done with a quote, like when the quote is printed. When does the info get sent to the database?
    If the saving is done when it closes, then is there a way to send the data to the database with a macro?