Lounger
    Thanks

List of headings not available for Hyperlink (2003 - 5.1.2600 SP2)

I'm creating hyperlinks within a document to the headings formatted with heading styles. After choosing Places in this Document, "Headings" is there, but none of the specific headings are not listed under it. The headings are listed under cross-reference -- but not when hyperlinking.

Is there a "condition" that might not be right in my document to use the headings styles for the hyperlinks?

Diane

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: List of headings not available for Hyperlink (2003 - 5.1.2600 SP2)

Could you attach a sample document (with dummy text)?

Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Attached is a document with a few pages. We're drafting a Web site layout. This document will be our working draft -- we'll be sending it to a designer once we figure out what we want to include in it and give everyone a chance to give their suggestions.

On the pages where HOME is in the top right corner (outside the graphic boxes), headings were available for linking.

On page 1 is text (inside the graphic boxes) we want to link to the headings of the respective pages.

As I worked with this a little more, I realized that the graphic boxes could be the reason the headings were not available. If so, we can use bookmarks to link -- they seem to work fine.

Thanks for looking at this.

Diane
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The text boxes are indeed the cause of the problem. If the insertion point is in the main document, the Insert Hyperlink dialog only "sees" Heading paragraphs within the main document, and if the insertion point is within a text box, the dialog only "sees" Heading paragraphs within text boxes.
    Using hyperlinks to bookmarks is a good alternative - these will be recognized whether they are in the main document or in text boxes.
    Alternatively, replace all the text boxes by a table with varying cell heights and widths. It would take some (or a lot of) work to get the table right, but all Heading paragraphs would be visible in the Insert Hyperlink dialog.

Lounger
    Thanks

Bookmarks will be the better option. I appreciate your explanation regarding text boxes and headings. Thanks for your help!

Diane