Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print Preview Window Size (2003 - SP2)

I'm using forms with Modal and Popup set to yes. I can successfully hide and redisplay the forms when I have a report open in PrintPreview. I would like to have the report open in a window that fills the screen, but I'm getting inconsistent results. Some reports in PrintPreview take the full screen, others do not. I'm setting windowsmode in the OpenReport command to acDialog. I have the report's Modal and Popup properties set to yes; and Border Style to Dialog. In the report's OnOpen event I have a Docmd.Maximize. Clearly I'm overlooking something or have conflicting properties. Appreciate any thoughts.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print Preview Window Size (2003 - SP2)

I always put the DoCmd.Maximize instruction in the On Activate event of the report. That give conistent results for me. If you use WindowMode:=acDialog, you don't need to set the Modal, Popup and Border Style properties of the report - they will be overridden by WindowMode:=acDialog anyway.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Followed you advice and made the change to one of the reports that would not Preview in full screen mode, it didn't have any effect. I then made the same change to the report that does Preview in full screen mode, again no change. I used Analyze->Documentor to compare the report properties in these two reports. The only differences I saw were on the report which Previews full screen the LogicalPageWidth is 10402 and Width is 10095 where as on the report which Previews in a smaller window the LogicalPageWidth and Width are 10800.

I've attached a pdf of the report properties. The report captioned Section_01 Previews in full screen mode and the report captioned Section_06 does not. Hopefully you can spot something I've overlooked.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I have no idea. Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

I'll see about doing that. However, as the problem is a "nice-to-have" and not a critical one the effort to do that may not be worth it.

Thanks for your help,
    Marty

Super Moderator
    Thanks

See what difference it makes if you set the Autoresize property of the reports to No.
    Regards
    John

Star Lounger
    Thanks

The Preview window is much smaller, but the report image is full size so only the top left corner of the report is visible.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I always set the AutoResize property to No, then do Not bother with Docmd.Maximize, or setting the window mode etc, and leave pop up and modal as No and I find that reports open as full screen with readable text.
    Regards
    John

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Those give me the results I described above. Its a mystery as why one report comes up in full window mode and the others do not when comparision of the report properties show the settings to be the same.

Appreciate your input,
    Marty