New Lounger
    Thanks

Objects on Slides with motion paths

Here

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Objects on Slides with motion paths

Furtherf info: I'm pretty sure that what PP is doing when the objects 'jump' is returning them to their starting positions, but whatever, it's still v annoying, so any help much appreciated...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I apologize for the lack of replies; we do have several PowerPoint Experts but they don't log in every day - PowerPoint is not one of the more active forums on Woody's Lounge. So you may have to wait a bit for a reply here. (I wasn't able to find anything relevant about your problem myself, but I'm not a PowerPoint expert)

New Lounger
    Thanks

No problem Hans, thanks for saying 'Hi'. I've got about 5 weeks before our graduation ceremony, so there's still time!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Good morning

I find that by starting and finsishing the motion path off the page it seems to cure the jerkiness, is the attached example close to what you are trying to do, if not please let me know and I will try again

Cheers

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry I just noticed the part where you said you want the names to be visible when the slide starts, I just tested the example and if you drag the text onto the page and leave the end of the motion path off the page it should do what you want.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for your input, it's much appreciated. The effect I was after wasn't quite what you had suggested, but again, thank you for trying. I've attached a cut down version of my PowerPoint that shows how the slides transition, and I think you'll see how the text jumps as you advance the slide. As you can also see, I have an alternative effect, but my preferred one has really got me thinking.

The reason I came up with my first choice was that I want to create some visual interest by keeping the text in motion for up to a minute whilst the award winner is announced, then comes to the stage to receive the award, has their picture taken, and finally returns to their seat.

Perhaps I'm just asking too much of PowerPoint.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Morning

My early attempts are not promising at the moment but I will continue to experiment to see if I can get it to behave as you would like. Your background effect is great it must have taken ages with all of those motion paths, I have noticed however that when the text is removed these are also jerky on slide change, have you considered doing this in Flash as it would then be consistent across all of the slides, if you don't have Flash I will try and get the time to do it but I cna't promise a timescale.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

Steve,

Thanks for your comments. Yes, the background did take a little while, but I found that it doesn't have to be planned in too much detail; a few different lengths of motion path and some variation in timings seems to handle it very well.

I had noticed that the bars jump when the slide is advanced, and as they are background elements I was content to live with that. It was the text that really stood out and spoiled the effect for me. As I said before, I really do appreciate your efforts, but having done everything that I can think of, I wouldn't want you to spend a lot of your own time on the problem for my sake.

I think for this years graduation, I may well just live with the 'alternative' effect that I showed on my attachment; perhaps not quite as good, but it will do. I haven't used Flash myself, but our IT manager does use it for the company website, so perhaps I'll learn how to use that for next year!

Thanks once again for all your efforts.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Is this what you want? (see attachment)
    (The repeat until end of slide are changed to till next click and a copy of thye next slide also appears on click)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, yes, yes! Thank you John, that solves the problem very neatly. Thanks so much, your help is very much appreciated.

And thanks again to Steve for trying earlier, too.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Glad to help!