Star Lounger
    Thanks

file 10,000 kb problem (2000)

I had a 10,000 kb workbook with 8,000 rows data, which is getting slower to respond for auto filter and other editing process.
    perhaps any idea?

thanks

indra

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: file 10,000 kb problem (2000)

Some ideas:
    <UL><LI>Save the workbook as an HTML file, then save the HTML file as a workbook again.
    Note: if you try this, test thoroughly that no features have been lost in the conversion.
    <LI>You'll find two macros in <post:=133,055>post 133,055</post:> that may help to reduce the size of the workbook.
    <LI>If you have lots of virtually identical formulas, see Jan Karel Pieterse's tip in <post:=581,649>post 581,649</post:>.
    <LI>If you have VBA code in the workbook, you can use the free add-in VBA Code Cleaner.[/list]In all steps, make a backup copy of the workbook first, so that you can go back if something goes wrong.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried your suggestion
    - HTML --> when try to saving back to excel, file type does not appears in option
    - with macros --> this time does not work, assuming my workbook doesnot have unused format/column/row
    - Jan Karel's tip --> it does work, but my workbook has many different formula to be named, at the middle of doing, seems not efficient - actually I think there should be a way (that I do not know) tip to define name efficiently
    - VBA leaner - my workbook only has 1 simple code, no need to be cleaned

thanks anyway

Indra

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

After creating the HTML file, you should reopen it from within Excel. It should be in your list of recently used files in the File menu, so you only have to select it there.
    Then select File | Save As... and save the file as an Excel workbook (*.xls).

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

In addition to what Hans said:

Even though your workbook "only has 1 simple code," the code cleaner still might help. VBA can collect gargage in modules that do not show in the editor.
    Legare Coleman