New Lounger
    Thanks

Subform (2003 sp2)

Good afternoon,
    I inherited a database with instructions to update it and change some key fields, tables and definitions.
    In the course of the update I lost significant functionality in a form {Build_Scripts} with a subform {Master_Scripts_Functions Subform}

The subform is supposed to show fields including [functional_description] based on a [script_number] from the main form (for a script that's already built) and also supposed to allow the selection of additional/new [functional_description] elements for scripts built and new scripts.
    I have copied and tweaked with the updates the logic that was used in the original form/subform, but I cannot get the data to display.
    I'm out of my league. Can you help?

I have the updated (Integrated) in a zipped file I'll attach here.
    I also have the original stripped and zipped, if you want to see it.

Thanks, Kathy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subform (2003 sp2)

1) The subform (Master_Scripts_Functions Subform) is based on an SQL statement that represents a non-updateable query. The query is based on the tables Master_Scripts_Functions and Components, joined on Component_ID vs Functional_Description. Component_ID is not the primary key in Components, and this prevents the query from being updateable. If you make Component_ID the primary key, the query and hence the subform will be updateable. (It would even be better to keep Function_ID as primary key and to replace Functional Description in Master_Scripts_Functions with a number field that links to Function_ID, but that is much more work.)

2) The subform is linked incorrectly to the main form. You should add the field Script_Number to the record source of the subform, then save the subform.
    Open the main form in design view, click once on the subform to select it.
    Activate the Data tab of the Properties window.
    Set both the Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields properties to Script_Number.
    Close and save the main form.

It should now work better.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subform (2003 sp2)

As always Hans you have Saved Me.
    My sincerest thanks.

Kathy