New Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Displays (Powerpoint 2003)

I would like to create a display that displays multiple windows/presentations.
    Typically showing pictures and text in a sector app 2/3rd of the display, with a RSS ticker along the bottom and a text column/bar down one side.
    The thought is similar to Sky TV news/sport etc.
    Can this be done with PPT?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Displays (Powerpoint 2003)

Hi Duncan

As far as I am aware you cannot display in this way with your version, I do understand though that you can in the 2007 version but I will not be able to have a play until I get home Sunday evening. On a Mac (I have never used one so this is just what I have heard) you can open several instances and display them but I don't know if that means you can start them all.

I have just had a little play on a machine with the 2003 version and a work around may be as follows

1. On 1 slide I divided the screen into 4
    2. In each quarter I inserted a different movie clip and selected for them to start automatically, I sized each one so that I could have a 'banner' running across the bottom.
    3. Across the bottom I placed a black rectangle
    4. In a seperate Text box I wrote imaginery stock news such as Microsoft up 5c, IBM down 3c, etc. etc. and coloured it white
    5. I selected the text box and set the Custom Animation to 'Crawl' in from the left with a timing of 20 seconds and for it to continue until the end of the slide show.

When I pressed F5 to begin the show in full screen mode all of the movies played automatically and the white text scolled across the bottom through the black rectangle, the only problem was sound as each movie I used had its own soundtrack, I do not use any movie editting software but I assume it would be possible to edit and remove the soundtrack.

I hope this is of some help and I will continue to have a play around to see if I can come up with anything better.

Cheers Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Displays (Powerpoint 2003)

Hi Steve

Thanks for the info - I'll give this a try to see how feasible it is for my application

Regards

Duncan