2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlink to Specific Excel Cell? (2K/03)

Hello everyone,

Anyone know of a way to create a hyperlink on PowerPoint slide that takes me to a specific cell on a specific Excel worksheet?

I know how to create a link to an Excel workbook, but I want the hyperlink to take me at least to a specific worksheet.

Thanks so much,
    Rich

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlink to Specific Excel Cell? (2K/03)

Start by creating a hyperlink to the workbook the normal way.
    The address of the hyperlink will look like this: <code>C:ExcelWorkbook.xls</code>
    Then edit the address to look like this: <code>C:ExcelWorkbook.xls#Sheet1!C19</code>
    These are just examples, of course. Substitute the appropriate names.
    If the sheet name contains spaces, enclose it in single quotes: <code>C:ExcelWorkbook.xls#'April Data'!C19</code>

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

But, of course! Thanks so much, it's like an HTML a tag href to an anchor! If you have a define Name in a Workbook, using the Name rather than a cell reference works as well.

As always, you're a great help, and met the training needs of my client exactly. I am assuming that works in a Word hyperlink in exactly the same way?

Thanks and best regards,
    Rich

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes. For a hyperlink to a Word document, you'd add # and the name of a valid bookmark after the file name.