Thanks

Log of Print Jobs

I am running Win98 SE2.

I would like to know if the OS includes a routine that creates a file that logs the time when recent print jobs were sent to a system printer. I'm trying to determine when I printed a fax using WinFax Basic 9.03. My memory and the time on the printed fax disagree by one hour. I'd like to be able to check to see that WinFax didn't manage to stay on standard time even though my system clock is on daylight time. My guess is that, if such a log exists, it would use the system clock for timing.
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Log of Print Jobs

I doubt it. Windows 98 was not a server OS, so unless you installed special software to monitor printing, it is very unlikely that there is a print log.

Administrator
    Thanks

You could check the advanced options for the printer driver. You may be able to set something there for logging or tracking account activity, etc.

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Although a day late and dollar short ...

Joe is correct. You had to set the options to log all incoming and outgoing faxes to a log file. At least this is what I had to do for 8.X.

The Pro Version seemed to have this setup automatically if you used defaults during installation. You can try the options to see if you have any log files currently active and where they are. Since I no longer have a need for faxes on my computer, I never upgraded the software application when I switched to XP.
    Scott