3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

help.. I think I'm screwed..

I tried to compact and repair a databse that gave me a error.. When I gtried to compact or repair it gives me this error.. "C:TrackingTracking.mdb isn't an index in this table. Look in the index collection of the TableDef to determine the valid index names." Then compact and repair will not work.. The database works you just can;t see the tables and forms etc. Can someone explain a fix for me? Thanks[img]/w3timages/icons/yikes.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/yikes.gif[/img]

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: help.. I think I'm screwed..

Ok, first of all what version of Access are you using '97 or 2000? Is this a linked database with front and back end ? Finally, I don't quite understand what you mean when you say the database works yet you can't see any of its elements ? [img]/w3timages/icons/spook.gif[/img]

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry.. I'm using Access 97.. The database is not linked.. What I mean about the database working is it functions fine. The autoexec macro runs and it opens the main form and you can enter records in.. But when I close the Main form to view the underlying tables and forms etc. They are not visible.. There is nothing listed under table or forms or macros or anyhting.. When i hit the tab to view all the tables it tells me "Operation invalid without a current index."[img]/w3timages/icons/sick.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/sick.gif[/img]

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This might be simple. Try <font color=red>Window|Unhide|yourdatabasename</font color=red> It sounds like the Hidden attribute has been select. Hope that's it. Oh Darn [img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img] just ocurred to me, you said you could actually see the Tables / Forms etc. tabs. Therefore the database isn't hidden. Sorry if I led you astray [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Try using Jetcomp to fix the database. See http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q279/6/44.ASP

Also, go to Tools | Options | View and turn on the Hidden Objects and System Objects flags on the remote chance that everything is just invisible (I highly doubt that's the problem, but might as well check).

kbahr99

Have you tried to create a new database and import the tables, etc. into the new database? That sometimes fixes a lot of stuff.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks everybody.. The problem was my MSysObjects table was missing an index.. I used the JETCOMP utility from Microsoft to repair.. Thank god that worked!![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]