2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Extract emf from snapshot files (Access 2003)

Hi everybody:

One of my users generates an Access report that he wants to embed in his Powerpoint presentation. We've tried saving it as a jpeg, tiff, or snapshot or printing it to pdf or just plain old grabbing a screenshot. When Powerpoint imports it, whatever the format, it changes it to a bitmap which prints out okay but is fuzzy when projected.

Saving it as a Word file and then Importing it is nice and sharp but produces a lot of garbage Powerpoint slides in a new slide show instead of a single slide with the entire report page, which is what we want. The only way I have been able to get sharp focus has been to extract the text from Word and import it into Powerpoint, but this required reformatting, which is a lot of work (especially with the tab settings), and also loses the graphics.

According to what I've found online, snapshot files contain an emf file for each page of the report. I thought I'd try that approach, but when using the SetupDecompressOrCopyFile API call, I don't know how to extract the emf portion. If I just tell it to use an emf format, it produces a jpeg.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Extract emf from snapshot files (Access 2003)

I don't know the answer to your question (it's far over my head), but Stephen Lebans has a set of free report utilitiies, one of which is
    <hr>3) Save Report to Enhanced Metafile format. One EMF file for every Page of the Report.<hr>
    Further details and download can be found here.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Extract emf from snapshot files (Access 2003)

Thanks, Hans, you are the BEST!