Star Lounger
    Thanks

pe.inf (Word 2000)

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this but I've been using Word a lot lately [don't normally use it at all] and I've become aware of a lot of little files in all my folders that are pe.inf. It's the same file in every folder.

I'm not aware of ever seeing this before.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has an idea of what this is, where it comes from, and whether this is something of concern. If it is not anything to worry about, I'd sure like to know why I'm getting it and what I can do to keep it from happening.

Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: pe.inf (Word 2000)

I don't think it is related to Word - I use Word a lot but I have no pe.inf files at all. I cannot find anything relevant about "pe.inf".

Which Windows version are you using?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I don't think this is associated with Word at all. I have never heard of it happening before. I note you are using an old version of Word so it can't be something associated with Word 2007 which I haven't yet used.

I did a search on google for this but didn't find a definitive answer - there is the mention of several applications though, perhaps one of those rings a bell for you. Do the files disappear when you hide the hidden files? This may be a reason you hadn't noticed the files previously.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The question has been reposted in the Windows XP forum. This thread has been locked to prevent duplication and confusion. Please post all replies in the thread starting at <post:=654,006>post 654,006</post:>.