Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge Stops in the middle (2002)

My mail merge, which has been working for months, now stops in the middle and won't continue. The merge is from an access query which shows all records. The view merged data will show all 35 records however it will pause or you have to click twice to pass 12. When I look at merge recipients it will only show 12. All drop down filters are set to ALL and I have been through it a few times. I attempted to re-establish the data source again and it will connect but still gives me the same problem. I have also tried to create a new document using the same query, which shows all 35 records and it still stops/pauses at 12. Any suggestion or help would be appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge Stops in the middle (2002)

Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

I couldn't didn't post a stripped down version because I would have to change the detail as well. From the best I can determine the merge seems to stop prior to records that have a memo field that is quite large. This field is used for journal entries/comments/analysis and the older a record is the longer the field. If the merge/report for that record is more than 2 pages it stops the merge prior to that record. If I remove that record by excluding it the merge runs fine. I have identified 3 records that will stop the merge. Any suggestion to "force" this or a way to do this without shortening the information as that isn't an option?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I can't reproduce the problem - I created a table with a memo field and filled 26 records with texts of various lengths, from a few words up to over 32,000 characters (about 8 pages from a Word document). I was able to use the table as datasource for a mail merge in Word without problems - the entire memo field was imported into the merged document for all records.

So the memo field doesn't have to be a problem per se. I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest. Sorry.

Lounger
    Thanks

I appreciate the effort. This database is linked to 2 others as well. I have never had a problem with it until recently and the only changes would be the length of the memo field. The fact that I can exclude those 3 records and everything works fine got me to that determination through process of elimination. I cut half the memo field of the 3 records and it ran fine as well. The content would be set up or look like a normal paragraph formats with dates. One field now shows (if pasted into word) 7 pages, 25,897 characters, 350 lines.

Thank you for attempting to reproduce the problem I am not sure either. I have not tried to do this with a newer version of Word.