Lounger
    Thanks

File Names Display (XP Pro SP2)

Accidentally, while not paying attention to my typing, I managed to flip the switch control the file names display in the thumbnail view of a window opened to display a folders or directory contents. The phenomenon is specific to the directory where the errant key strokes occured, and deleting the directory does not help. If I recreate a directory with the same name on the same path, the "new" directory displays the same curious "defect" ..... the last time this happened, I paid MS $35 for a service call, and after 30 minutes of futzing around, the tech finally tripped over a few lines in a long forgotten bulletin advising how to flip the switch controlling the file nema display in the thumbnail veiw .... he said that the feature is accessible only be key strokes, and it has never been included in a menu .. as far as he could tell ........ so, did I write down the procedure ...... not thinking that I would ever have the same problem again, I promptly forgot the magic key stroke series necessary ........

Does anyone know the keys to unlocking this mystery ........ ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File Names Display (XP Pro SP2)

1) Select any other view than Thumbnails, for example List or Details.
    2) Hold down the Shift key while selecting View | Thumbnails.

Each time you perform these two steps, you'll toggle the display of file names in Thumbnail view.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, I tried Googling the following:
    <pre>"thumbnail view" filename key</pre>

Don't forget: Google is your friend.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks ...... Google is a great tool and if one is clever and/ior lucky it will turn up all kinds of groovy results ..... your success is an excellent reminder not to give up even when it seems that all angles have been exhausted ..........