3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Weird macro glitch (Excel XP)

I've attached a small file that I use to print out some Dymo labels. There are 2 different labels I can choose between. The PRINT buttons on the sheet print the vertical versions of the labels after I fill in the data on their horizontal counterparts.

Everything works fine........EXCEPT after I PRTOECT the sheet. Then the cursor goes to a hand style icon and I get an error message if I click it. It works just like if I was clicking on a command button, except it can't find the macro it is calling for.........and it clicks like this everywhere on the sheet.

I can run the sheet without protection, but this is weird.

I don't recognize the macro it calls for, but it probably is something I've had somewhere in related worksheets as the name is typical of what I use.

Thanks,
    BH
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Weird macro glitch (Excel XP)

There is a whole bunch of buttons and lines that has been squashed to almost zero height and width at the top of the sheet, between columns D and E. One of these hase been assigned the missing macro. You can select them by activating the Select Objecs button on the Drawing toolbar and dragging a rectangle in that area. Then press Delete to get rid of them. When you re-protect the sheet, you'll be able to select cells.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.PNG (1.8 KB, 0 views)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Good god man............how did you find that? Now that I've seen them I know where they came from.

Thanks!!!
    BH

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The most probable explanation for the behavior you described was that there should be more objects on the sheet. They were not immediately apparent after unprotecting the sheet, so I used Edit | Goto..., clicked Special, selected Objects and clicked OK. I then saw the "handles" (see the screenshot in my previous reply) at the top of the sheet.
    There are also two lone command buttons in the neighborhood of AM74 and AO74.
    And a whole lot of empty code modules in the Visual Basic Editor!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Hans. I've cleaned it up.
    BH