New Lounger
    Thanks

Line border next to text (not paragraph or page) (Word 2007)

I love how you can easily put a line on the left side of the page or paragraph in Word 2007 and the line does NOT disappear when you turn the Word 2007 doc into a pdf. However, I cannot get Word 2007 to put a line on the left side of selected text within a paragraph. I'm given the choice to choose between text or paragraph. When I choose text it insist on putting a box around the text. I'm given -0- (zero) options to choose just one line on the left.

Can anyone help with this?
    Thank you
    SquantO

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Line border next to text (not paragraph or page) (Word 2007)

I am thinking that the point of the sidebar is normally to show a revision? If this is the case then the normal revision tracking sidebars will put a line on the side of just the affected line within a paragraph.

Short of using the revision tracking, I don't know of any simple way to manually add the sidebar line to a single line in a paragraph but you might be able to arrive at a workaround by:
    1. Use the drawing objects
    2. Build a series of styles with no paragraph spacing before/after and use these to break a 'paragraph' into three separate paragraphs where the middle one has a side border.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Line border next to text (not paragraph or page) (Word 2007)

This works! I wasn't even thinking of tracking changes. Much easier and by manipulating printing to remove the balloons showing the revisions and removing all color from revisions made, I can convert the Word 2007 doc to a pdf and the lines will show without any other markup marks showing. The final pdf document can then be submitted and no one will know.

Thank you!