3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

From Access 2K to the Web (Access 2K)

"I" created a small application using Access 2000, in no small measure thanks to the help of some great people at Woody's. It might not be pretty but it works (so far). It is a simple tracking system where a few co-workers (6 friends) and I track the status of our investigations. My friends are scattered throughout three field offices. The database is split, the front end is on each PC's hard drive and the back-end is on a shared folder at each office. Since this work (the database) is not supported by our employer, sometimes I have to bend over backwards to be able to solve problems. Can not help to think that my life would be a little easier if the database was Web-based. I want to do it myself so I can learn from the experience but I do not know where to start. A push in the right direction would be appreciated, like what technology to use or a good book to read. I do not believe that the "system" will be used by more than 10 people. As usual, your guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: From Access 2K to the Web (Access 2K)

Setting up a web-based database application is not really an easy task, it would require you to learn new "tools", for example ASP. I'm not sure this would be easier than maintaining an Access database.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: From Access 2K to the Web (Access 2K)

Thanks, Hans! Will do it ... eventually.