Star Lounger
    Thanks

Conditional Page 2 in report (2002)

I have 2 seperate reports that each print a different page of a report. Some detail records only require page/rpt 1 to print, other records require both pages/rpts to print. The data printed on the 2 rpts is different but comes from the same query.

I need to combine the 2 reports into 1 report so I can create pdf files for each detail record, some with 1 page, some with 2 pages.
    Currently, I am only creating hard copies so I can control which report is printed through code. However, since I will be creating pdf files, I need to create only one file per record - either 1 page or 2 pages each.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Conditional Page 2 in report (2002)

There are several possibilities. For example, you could put use code in the On Format event of the Detail section to toggle the Visible property of some controls depending on a condition.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans;
    Thanks for the suggestion.

So if I set the controls that would make up the second page to be invisible, would I get a blank second page or no second page at all?

Lance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, under the following conditions:
    - The Can Shrink property of the detail section is set to Yes.
    - The Can Shrink of all controls you want to hide is set to Yes.
    - There is no superfluous vertical space between the controls you want to hide.

Another possibility would be to place the two pages as subreports on a main report, and hide the second subreport as needed. This time you only need to set the Can Shrink properties of the detail section and of the second subreport to Yes.