3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

NTLanman.dll (XP with SP2)

Hi

This morning when I booted up my PC, I got a dialogue box with gibberish in it and at the top NTLANMAN.dll with an ok button at the bottom. The system wouldn't continue booting unless I clicked the OK and then continued to load. However although I have all my icons on the screen none have there proper icon and when I try to access any programs etc nothing happens.

I booted into safe mode and tried a restore but still have the same problem.

I'm running an Athlon XP 2600+ with 750mb ram, Windows XP with SP2 and the latest updates.

Can anyone give me any idea what the problem may be
    Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Dax
    Dax

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: NTLanman.dll UPDATED INFORMATION

Hi
    I've just managed to do a screendump showing what my icon now look like both the desktop ones and ones in the start menu (See attached). If I click on any of the icons nothing happens, however if I go into My Computer and double click on say a word document it opens word and lets me do everything.
    It appears it could be that all the icons have lost there link to the exe file, however when I click on an exe file in My Computer again nothing happens.

I hope this additional information can help someone out there help me

Cheers

Dax
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dax