Thanks

Disable Print Scaling (Word 2007)

<UL><LI>OKI C5100n LED color network printer always set to 'No Scaling'
    <LI>Word 2007 document in either .docx or Word 97-2003 .doc compatibility
    <LI>Word 2007 document set to print using printer settings[/list]Despite the above, not all the time, but many times the document printed is scaled to a smaller size contrary to the apparent settings. When checking, sometimes the document may have scaling checked even after unchecking it before printing, other times simply re-printing a second time produces the page as intended. Sometimes a document printed will generate correctly as expected while other times it will print scaled to a smaller (75%) size & unable to determine why.

I don't use scaling - is there a way to disable it in Word 2007?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Disable Print Scaling (Word 2007)

I can't speak for Word 2007 but in Word 2002/3 this might happen if you are showing revision tracking with balloons. That would explain why some documents are shrunken whilst others are not - the shrunken ones have a revision tracked or a comment added somewhere.

In the earlier versions of Word you would find this setting in Tools>Options>Track Changes|Use Balloons. If you set this to Never then Word shouldn't shrink the content to fit the balloons on the page.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks

Re: Disable Print Scaling (Word 2007)

Nice Andrew, thanks!

That sent me in the right direction. Apparently it was partially tracking changes & leaving room for displaying same, but not printing them :

<UL><LI>Word 2007 > 'Review' > 'Track Changes' > 'Change Tracking Options'
    <LI>Uncheck 'Track Moves'
    <LI>Uncheck 'Track Formatting'
    <LI>'Use Balloons (Print and Web Layout) > 'Never' > 'OK'[/list]I had to close & reopen doc, but printed full size as expected.