Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calender displays inaccurate (2003)

Regardless of the meeting lengths that I TRY to set, my Outlook calendar shows most meeting times (my own and others) as a single calendar time unit (a half hour in my case). If I change this time unit setting to anything else--a quarter hour or a full hour--the meeting lengths change accordingly but always to a single time unit.

I have also found that when I add a day-long appointment, I can't see it at all.

When others look at my calendar, everything looks correct.
    I appreciate any observations or suggestions.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calender displays inaccurate (2003)

Perhaps someone else will "get it", but I'm a bit unclear - are your appointment durations being reset, or is it that they display over your shortest unit of time?

1. If the latter, look at my censored screen print of a 15 minute appointment - though the text shows over the 30 minute period, the precise duration (15 minutes) shows in the blue bar on the left of the appointment text. Outlook always rounds the appointment text to the nearest diplayed time unit. If your appointments of -longer- duration items, covering multiples of your minimum time unit displayed, are being shrunk to the -minimum- time unit displayed, that would be ... unusual.

2. The default All-Day is "Show time as" type is "Free time", and the item does not "cover" the entire page unless you change its "Show Time As" type to something other than "Free Time" - see graphic again, where I set the All-Day "Show Time As" to Tentative. Do you have any filters which might hide All-Day Events?

If that doesn't help, can you explain in more detail, and perhaps post a screen print (censored of personal information) of an example?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Here is the attachment, rendered a bit larger
    Attached Files Attached Files

Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Leif on 12-Jun-07 22:33. To replace zipped file with graphic attachment)</P>Maybe the attachment will clarify. The second entry is a 2-hour meeting but it displays on my screen as a half-hour meeting. However, recipients of the meeting invitation see it as the correct 2-hour block
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by JohnBF on 12-Jun-07 14:49. )</P>Can I ask you to post that a little larger - it's hard to read. If you paste it into Paint you should be save it as a PNG file, which is much smaller in file size than a bitmap.

Is your display time interval one hour or
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dude! I will have your child!
    All is now AOK. The End field value had indeed been set to Start!
    Many thanks. (Also All-day events are fine).