New Lounger
    Thanks

Animated Clip Art (Office 2007)

Since I have installed Office 2007 the animated clip art no longer is animated. Before I insert an animated clip art into an email, I right click on it to preview and I do see the animation. Once I enter it into my email and send it, the animation is gone. Does anyone know what I need to tweak in Office 2007 to get the animation back?
    Thank you

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Animated Clip Art (Office 2007)

Previous versions of Outlook, used Internet Explorer to display HTML format e-mails (unless you used Word as e-mail editor); this supports displaying animated .gif pictures.
    For security reasons, Outlook 2007 doesn't use Internet Explorer any more, but Word to display e-mails. Word doesn't display the animation in animated .gif pictures. If the recipient has Outlook 2007 too, he or she won't see the animation either. So perhaps it's best not to insert animated .gifs any more.

New Lounger
    Thanks

In previous versions I did use Word as e-mail editor and my animations .gif were animated. So from what you say the new Word 2007 no longer displays animation with animated .gif pictures. Boo Hiss don't like this feature or Outlook 2007 anymore!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Word never displayed animation in GIF pictures in any version. Previous versions of Outlook did, if you didn't use Word as e-mail editor, but Outlook 2007 always uses Word as e-mail editor, you have no choice. C'est la vie!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hans: With Outlook 2000, I use Word as my email editor. If I include an animated .gif in an email I am editing to send, I do not see the animation. However, if an animated .gif is included in an email that is sent to me, I do see the animation when I open the email.
    Legare Coleman

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think Outlook 2000 uses Word to read received HTML e-mail, only to edit new e-mail messages. That would explain why you see animation in incoming e-mail.