Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Anyone an expert on Clarisworks on a Mac?

Just a faint hope that someone has used Clarisworks for ages on an ageing Mac, since it was apparently bundled in with Macs made ten and more years ago.

Claris Home Page 3.0 appears to be the equivalent for Windows, but I can't get the link from FreeDownloadsCenter to work for me.

The reasoning behind this is that I have given an HTML page edited in Dreamweaver and the (quite adequate but slightly quirky Nvu) to someone with ClarisWorks and he says that "funny characters" are produced on the screen. This may be because Claris can't cope with the changes that have been made to HTML since 1997 or so, perhaps the <span> tag?

Just hopeful, really...!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Thanks

Re: Anyone an expert on Clarisworks on a Mac?

Is it possible the Mac is so old that it does not have unicode support??

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Anyone an expert on Clarisworks on a Mac?

Jefferson

That's an interesting point, but I'd be amazed if there are Unicode characters in it! It is very alphameric, with a couple of tables. I've looked at the file with Vernon Buerg's venerable LIST program (yes, in Hex mode also!), and can't see anything exciting therein.
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...