Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Nvu -> KompoZer -> ?

Today I have been experiencing the vagaries of the Open Source movement in relation to Web Authoring Systems / HTML Editors.

After downloading Nvu 1.0 some time ago, I finally got round to running it in earnest this morning, and found it not too bad. No Format Painter (sob! but Dreamweaver doesn't have this either), and some weird un-Word-like behaviour with tables, and no apparent way to set the Paragraph style up the way you wanted it, but quite WYSIWYG-y. However, looking at a few forums, I discovered that the original developer has apparently disappeared, so Nvu (or N|vu, as it seems to like to be known) 1.0 is the final release.

The successor is the horribly misspelt KompoZer 0.77 program, which is spoken of as the bug-fix to Nvu 1.0. Looks almost identical. More investigation shows that 0.77 appears to be the final release (from around a year ago), unless someone else takes over the development.

So, two dead-ended programs in the course of a day! The up-side is that KompoZer (ugh! yuck! bleah! - etc...) seems quite a good program.
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Nvu -> KompoZer -> ?

Not entirley dead. The author of Nvu, Daniel Glazman, is actively working on Mozilla Composer, a successor to Nvu. He describes it as "something totally new, entirely rewritten, and the feature list will make Nvu look like a prehistoric web editor"

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Nvu -> KompoZer -> ?

I await this marvel with enthusiasm! (But it had better have Format Painter in it...!)
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...