Almost every U.S. town — large and small — hosts a parade on the Fourth of July. Most of them are pretty predictable: a procession of service organizations, children’s clubs, muscle cars gunning their engines, and the all-important fire trucks.
But in the small, ski-resort town of Truckee, California, the pageant gets pretty wacky. Maybe it’s the warm mountain air or celebrating the end of another long, cold winter. Whatever the reason, the citizenry takes in the annual event with an unusual level of exuberance. My favorite part? The precision ski drill team. Play the video
Celebrating the Fourth of July with gusto
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2012-07-05:
- Top Story Some ugliness installing an after-market SSD
- Lounge Life Trading privacy for really great tools?
- Wacky Web Week Celebrating the Fourth of July with gusto
- LangaList Plus What makes ‘Restore Previous Versions’ fail?
- Woody's Windows Win8 + Windows RT + WinRT = mass confusion
- Best Hardware The good and the bad of solid-state drives
- Show all articles on a single page