Seattle has a reputation for cool orderliness, an almost unshakeable politeness in public (except for a few infamous instances of trouble such as the WTO riots in 1999 and the IWW General Strike of 1919). The more usual Seattle demeanor is known widely as Seattle Nice, which bumps hard against the city’s famously visible(and audible) enthusiasm for its football team when team and fans are inside a stadium together.
So how did these good citizens behave on the streets of Seattle when the Seahawks won the recent Super Bowl? See for yourselves how even wildly happy Seattle pedestrians collectively wait for a traffic light to turn green before they jump — cheering, high-fiving, and waving their 12th Man banners — into a crosswalk. Click below or go to the original YouTube video
How Seattle celebrates a Super Bowl victory
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2014-02-06:
- Top Story A last reprieve for the enduring Windows XP?
- Lounge Life A good way to see PC content when far from home?
- Wacky Web Week How Seattle celebrates a Super Bowl victory
- LangaList Plus Virtual PC helps diagnose driver issues
- Best Practices Take back your privacy when using the Internet
- On Security Why privacy is increasingly difficult to protect
- Show all articles on a single page