| By Tracey Capen |
From the Jetsons to Blade Runner, the house of the future is portrayed as a technical marvel that does your shopping, cleans itself, and even customizes itself to your every whim. Meanwhile, most of us are still trying to figure out how to program the clock on our microwave.
In this preview of a possible near-future, we see a house to gladden our geeky little hearts. Or to give us nightmares, thinking about it a bit more. Imagine a whole-house BSOD. “Okay, can someone please reboot the house so I can get out of the bathroom?” Play the video
Ready for a house that’s smarter than we are?
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2011-06-23:
- Top Story It’s time to move up to Internet Explorer 9
- Lounge Life Internet connection: frustration of the week
- Wacky Web Week Ready for a house that’s smarter than we are?
- Bonus Stream media with Windows Home Server
- LangaList Plus Win7-to-XP Remote Desktop problems
- Best Hardware Review: A screaming SSD hard drive
- In the Wild Trouble dispatching dangerous downloads
- Show all articles on a single page