| A video of a Windows Vista speech-recognition demo that went awry was devoured by critics of the new operating system when it was posted on the Web late last year. Footage shows the program badly garbling the demonstrator’s commands. ("I think it’s picking up a little bit of echo here," was recognized as, "Set so double the killer.") |
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 460,000 subscribers!
Subscribe and get our monthly bonuses - free!
The Windows 7 Guide, Volume 3: Advanced maintenance and troubleshooting provides advanced tools for keeping Microsoft's premier operating system up and running smoothly. Get this excerpt and other 4 bonuses if you subscribe FREE now!
The large audience attending the Redmond campus demo found it hilarious, but it was rather embarassing for the company. Now a new video has emerged that’s even funnier. Watch the video
Vista voice-recognition software is laughable
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2007-02-15:
- Top Story Use Vista without activation for 120 days
- LangaList Plus New hardware doesn’t have to cause problems
- Wacky Web Week Vista voice-recognition software is laughable
- LangaList Plus Tips for erasing and recovering data
- Over the Horizon More denial-of-service flaws emerge
- Patch Watch Security and daylight patches are critical
- Show all articles on a single page