| As exciting television goes, spelling bees aren’t more than a notch or two above watching Congressional debates on CSPAN. They may lack the grimaces of mixed-martial-arts contestants, but in recent years the pre-teen contestants of the Scripps National Spelling Bee have supplied some high-level drama — and hilarious bloopers. |
This year, the 13-year-old champion Sameer Mishra shows just how important it is to ask the word’s language of origin. “Can you use that in sentence please?” Play the video
You want me to spell what?
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2008-06-05:
- Introduction Hong Kong readers: meet with me on June 15
- Top Story Outlook Web Access corrupts HTML attachments
- Patch Watch XP Service Pack 3: not yet ready for prime time
- Wacky Web Week You want me to spell what?
- Best Software Transfer mammoth files reliably for free
- Woody's Windows The hardware way to boost your productivity
- Perimeter Scan Take the mystery out of network-traffic analysis
- Show all articles on a single page