By Kathleen Atkins
Most people acknowledge the mental toughness required for life in Manhattan, one of the most densely populated peninsulas on the planet. Zelda, who has lived in Battery Park since mid-2003, must be exceptionally resolute — and cannier than many of her kind. She’s a wild turkey.
She has been profiled in the New York Times and has an entry in Wikipedia. To widespread rejoicing, Zelda is reported to have survived the recent Superstorm Sandy, which otherwise visited misery on her neighborhood and beyond. She might be, by now, one of the more respected old ladies in New York City. It’s considered bad form to chase her. Play the video
And in case you have some extra time on your hands this week, here are some other Thanksgiving links for your entertainment.
Zelda: Not an ordinary New York City matron
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2012-11-21:
- Top Story Getting a handle on security certificates
- Lounge Life The fizzy season of festivities and fraud
- Bonus Download Bonus helps you get to know Windows 8
- Wacky Web Week Zelda: Not an ordinary New York City matron
- LangaList Plus Controlling apps that launch unexpectedly
- Best Hardware Making the hardware switch to Windows 8
- Show all articles on a single page