| || Setting up a complete home network can be both extremely frustrating and exceedingly rewarding. Well-designed home networks give quick access to documents, storage, printing, and the Internet from anywhere in your house.|
Network Your Computers & Devices, Step by Step, by Ciprian Adrian Rusen, is a complete guide to setting up a Windows home network. It starts with installing routers and network components and goes on to cover user accounts; creating a network; sharing Windows libraries, files, and folders; and many other essential networking topics.
This month, all Windows Secrets subscribers can download an excerpt: Chapter 9, Streaming Media Over the Network and the Internet. This chapter gives you the fundamental steps for setting up Media Player, making playlists, and streaming your media over a network.
If you want to download this free excerpt, simply visit your preferences page, save any changes, and a download link will appear.
All subscribers: Set your preferences and download your bonus
Info on the printed book: United States
Get the most out of Windows Media Player 12
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2011-08-18:
- Bonus Stay secure on the Internet with our best tips
- Top Story Top iPad apps for Windows users: Part I
- Lounge Life When simple answers raise more questions
- Wacky Web Week For one canine athlete, a hedge too high
- Windows Secrets Get the most out of Windows Media Player 12
- LangaList Plus Do reinstalls cause Windows-activation failures?
- Known Issues Recycling your PC — and your gadgets, too
- Best Practices When it’s time to do a total Windows 7 reinstall
- Show all articles on a single page