Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In Word 2002 SP3, I have a client who sent me a document with a lot of paragraphs beginning in mid sentence. Obviously she was using her keyboard as a typewriter, hitting enter every time she saw she was coming to the end of a line. I've cleared out a lot of these stray paragraph marks, but I know there are more there. How would I phrase a search string to find a paragraph mark followed by a lower case word and then replace it with find what text, eliminating the paragraph mark? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Most people that do this use two consecutive paragraph marks to leave a blank line when they want a real paragraph break.

    If this has been done then you can replace ^p^p with a recognisable string such as REAL-PARA-BREAK-HERE. Then replace ^p with space and finally replace REAL-PARA-BREAK-HERE with ^p.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts