3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium Reflect Question

I just d/l and installed the free version. I am looking for some s-ware that will creat a b/u of my W-7 computer.
    From reading the description, am I correct that the free version will only do full backups (not incremental)?

Anyway, that's fine as all I want to do is an ocassional image b/u.

However, when I started to run it, it gave me the option of doing a clone or an image.

Can someone explain what the difference is. I thought it was the same.

Mel

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by compiler View Post
    I just d/l and installed the free version. I am looking for some s-ware that will creat a b/u of my W-7 computer.
    From reading the description, am I correct that the free version will only do full backups (not incremental)?

Anyway, that's fine as all I want to do is an ocassional image b/u.

However, when I started to run it, it gave me the option of doing a clone or an image.

Can someone explain what the difference is. I thought it was the same.

Mel
    Yes Free only does Full backups, and you cannot schedule a backup in free either. I have Version 5.0 Pro but only paid update price as I was a 4.2 paid user. It is worth the price. I find it better than Acronis. Mo operating systems are Vista 32 Bit and Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    EASEUS Todo Free v.3.0 will do full backups, clones, incremental and differential backups with scheduling & image verification.

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/...p-software.htm

Zig

Thanks
    Image is it images your disc, then if for any reason such a virus you can install the image you created prior to the problem and the problem has gone away. A clone is it makes another HD if you have more than one identical to the one you have your Operating System (OS) on and by going into Bios and changing your boot options the cloned disc will boot. Some people clone their OS to another hard drive and store it. In case of a HD failure they can then put it back in the machine replacing the Bad drive. However if you do weekly or daily full backups to external drive. If your C drive goes tits up replace the drive run Macrium boot disc and restore your OS to the new drive from your latest image. I have only ever cloned one drive.
    Actually the W7 backup restore feature is quite good you can schedule full backups on a daily, weekly monthly basis, What Version of W7 do you have?