Hello friends at Windows Secrets,

I've been working on some audio difficulties with my PC and things are working well now. I'm still looking for an alternative to the Windows volume mixer because it doesn't seem to have a pan control like the XP mixer did. I'm wondering why the Windows mixer volume faders are linked together (they can't be adjusted independently). I'm also wondering why specific applications, such as Firefox and Chrome have their own mixer controls. Any info would be appreciated.