New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 automatic updates stuck

Upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1 on my 64-bit Dell Inspiron laptop. No problems at all. All was working well.
    Then I upgraded my 64-bit ASUS laptop from Windows 7. Also no problems and all was working perfectly. Loved the new interface.
    Then I discovered that Windows 10 automatic update downloads were stuck on both machines at differing percentages. The first updates pushed out on the 8th were installed but then both became stuck.

I contacted MS tech support via the Contact Us app. The tech took remote control of the ASUS and fixed the problem. She ran a batch file and did a few more tweaks that I was unable to follow. After a couple of reboots, all is well.

However, in order for her to also fix the Dell I need to pay $99. Not possible. She said I could just run the batch file and do it myself.

I did that but it did not fix the problem. Obviously the other things she did on the ASUS were important but I do not remember all that she did.

I am hoping someone here can help me. Thanks.

Carol

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,039 Posts
    Have you tried the MS Fixit?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...e-issues/en-gb

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    If Paul's suggestion doesn't help, try Windows Repair All In One :
    http://www.tweaking.com/content/page...air_all_in_one

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies. I will try all suggestions.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Here's what happened:

The Win Update Troubleshooter did not work.
    Before trying jwitalka's suggestion I thought I would give Windows Answer Desk another shot.
    Since it was the next day, my contact request was treated as a separate request and I was not charged. The tech (a different one from yesterday) took remote control and ran the same batch file as before. I watched closely and he did not make any other changes, just checked a few settings. After a reboot, Windows Update was reset and searched for updates (took a long time causing some concern on my part), found them, downloaded them and installed them. All is well. I have no idea why it did not work when I tried to do it myself.