Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Outlook 2016 archive button - remove from ribbon

I may be mistaken, but I seem to have acquired an Archive button in the deleted section of the ribbon. It is right next to the Delete button and has caused me an issue when deleting selected emails. I have tried to move this button, but it seems to be a permanent icon. Anyone know how to move it of stop it showing?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It was added this month: Outlook 2016's New Archive Button

Have you tried File, Options, Customize Ribbon (Home, Delete, Archive, Remove)?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

hubyster (2016-03-27)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi @BruceR. That was the first thing I tried. Unfortunately that is greyed out. But thanks for the help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think you need to create a New Group without that button and remove the original Delete group: Adding commands to the Home or Message tab of the Ribbon (MSOutlook.info)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

hubyster (2016-03-27)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That'll do the job. Many thanks @BruceR It's just a shame that it has to be done that way

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hubyster View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I seem to have acquired an Archive button in the deleted section of the ribbon. It is right next to the Delete button and has caused me an issue when deleting selected emails. I have tried to move this button, but it seems to be a permanent icon. Anyone know how to move it of stop it showing?
    Using the Office 2016 ADMX Group Policy extension, create a User policy in the location:
    Microsoft Outlook 2016/Disable Items in User Interface/Custom (note the same policy exists for Outlook 2010 onwards)

Enter the numeric value below only. I've added a description on what that value does.
    26308 - Greys out the Archive button in Outlook 2016's Ribbon
    19701 - Greys out the Auto-Archive settings in Outlook 2010 onwards
    1886 - Greys out the Archive button (Clean up old items in Outlook 2016) in the Info->Tools menu of Outlook 2010 onwards

You can use the Registry to do the same thing in the key below: (replace xx with 16 for Outlook 2016, 15 for Outlook 2013, or 14 for Outlook 2010)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\offi ce\xx.0\outlook\disabledcmdbaritemslist