Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A change in Windows Secrets leadership

Introduction

A change in Windows Secrets leadership

By Tracey Capen

To all Windows Secrets readers: With much regret and sorrow, I'm letting you know that this is the last full issue I will publish. After nearly seven years as the newsletter's editor in chief, I have decided it's time to move on to new adventures. This was strictly my decision. experience!

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/introduction/a-change-in-windows-secrets-leadership/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tracey Capen For This Useful Post:

DrRon (2017-02-24)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Penton $25 annual subscribtion = HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
    w/o you they're toast.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    “Service which is rendered with quadruple annual fees helps neither the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of Windows Secrets before Penton.”

Mohandas

Thanks
    Mr Capen,

I'm sorry that you're leaving, but I understand the desire to retire. I hope to leave the exciting life of the field engineer, with its all night traveling and server repairs. It is what we are - geeks, nerds. Don't worry: there'll never be a time when someone will ask, Will you look at my computer?

Best wishes in all your future endeavors,

Parkton_Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The "Windows Secrets" brand name has meant a lot to me. Ever since Brian Livingston's first Windows Secrets book, I have never doubted any advice or information form a Windows Secrets publication. Will this high standard continue to be met?

Best to you. It sounds like you have planned well.

Duncan Blair

Thanks
    Good luck, Tracey, in your future endeavors. I'm sure you'll enjoy spending lots of time on the farm. But I predict that the computer bug will bite you again, and you'll be back on the IT scene.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been grateful for your work through Windows Secrets and PC World, starting when Procter & Gamble introduced PCs to their workplace. As one of the founders of their HelpDesk, I appreciate good clear reliable sources of support. Now retired and 86, I still rely on WS for quality information. Thanks for all you have done!

Thanks
    Sorry to see you go Tracy although I understand the lure of a "somewhat" retirement. Looks like Penton's takeover is now pretty much complete so it remains to be seen how subscribers will respond to their heavy marketing approach or if it will creep even further into the newsletters.
    Although I can't see the future, I'm a bit skeptical as to the future of the newsletter, especially at the higher prices. I won't pay for an advertisement.
    Anyway, good luck on your new adventure Tracy and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Tracey,
    Congratulations with your decision to turn a new page in your book of life. I wish you great success!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Tracey,

Best wishes with all your future pursuits. Hopefully you will "drop in" on occasion.

Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We will miss your always insightful advice, and so the occasional "drop in" would be good. If you manage to have some spare time on your hands, especially in winter when not much food grows, why not take a trip to Australia? Your winter is our summer, and we speak the same language (sort of). Anyway, I can only echo others in wishing you all the best for the future.

Thanks
    Sorry to see you go. Thanks for all those great years!

Now go out and enjoy...
    Woody

For Dummies book author, Senior Contributing Editor for InfoWorld, and long-suffering Windows victim. Check out the latest at AskWoody.com.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2016-12-23)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for everything you've done here, and good luck with everything you do there !

Lounger
    Thanks

Get outside every day!

As a pensioner with a small rural property in Slovenia, I must thank you for your term as editor with a friendly warning:
    Go out for a walk around your farm or area every day! It might be uncomfortable out there in the Pacific rain forest, but do it. Especially in winter, it's too easy to miss the rare sunny spells while you check e-mails and follow all the links on your favourite news and tech sites and suddenly realize it's totally dark outside and not just cloudy. "Maņana" does not help the waistline, especially if there's a good cook in the house.

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
    Good luck, Tracey, in your future endeavors. I'm sure you'll enjoy spending lots of time on the farm. But I predict that the computer bug will bite you again, and you'll be back on the IT scene.
    There is a going trend of Agricultural IT and IOT, perhaps he will not be too far a field

Just could not help that!

I am jealous, I wish I could afford a farm best to you Tracey

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast