Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,435 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bromberg View Post
    RG:
    Seems odd that an author of a PowerShell book would discourage a home-user from learning it, but I'll take a look at the MVA videos you recommended. Meanwhile, what's the most useful PS script you've come up with for a home-user?
    Dan
    Dan,

That depends on your setup, how many machines, and how you use them. It's certainly not a one-size-fits-all!

My favorite is the one that reports your hardware/software configuration as I use that one to test out new stuff I learn and I'm constantly adding to it. I try to keep it heavily commented so others can learn from it also.

For your convenience I started a new thread in Windows Programming and posted the latest version along with a link to the original thread, too old to reply to.

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Dan,

That depends on your setup, how many machines, and how you use them. It's certainly not a one-size-fits-all!

My favorite is the one that reports your hardware/software configuration as I use that one to test out new stuff I learn and I'm constantly adding to it. I try to keep it heavily commented so others can learn from it also.

For your convenience I started a new thread in Windows Programming and posted the latest version along with a link to the original thread, too old to reply to.

HTH
    Cool! I'll be sure to check it out.
    Thanks,
    Dan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bromberg View Post
    If I image (not clone) an HDD and choose the Macrium Reflect incremental image option, are the files created by the daily increment readable to Windows? i.e., if I wanted to restore a particular file for a particular day, can I just go to that day's incremental file and (outside of Macrium Reflect) just open it like I would any directory to seek out the file I'm interested in and copy its content?
    A Macrium Reflect backup file is created in a proprietary format with a .mrimg extension. If you want to read specific file(s) from the backup, you have to mount the file (using Macrium) and assign it a drive letter. Then you can extract the file(s) and do what you wish with them.

Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium question

Quote Originally Posted by nate01pa View Post
    A Macrium Reflect backup file is created in a proprietary format with a .mrimg extension. If you want to read specific file(s) from the backup, you have to mount the file (using Macrium) and assign it a drive letter. Then you can extract the file(s) and do what you wish with them.
    Not surprised but thought I'd ask the question just to be sure.
    Thanks for your info.

Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12