Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    That would be fine Jerry if they would move the applet along with all of its capabilities and not instead just leave things hangin'.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    I'm OK with that Rick as long as there are people like you around to create the hacks!

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    On behalf of all those with less than optimal vision as well as those that simply prefer this "adjustment" I thank you! You "am" the best! Now in a perfect world, or at least one closer than we are at present, MS will see this thread and act upon it for the next update!

Nothing wrong with a little hope, is there?

Regards,
    Chuck
    I recommend you use the Feedback Hub app to report this. Microsoft pays attention to the feedback especially those which are upvoted.
    Joe

Thanks
    Chuck,

The complete WindowMetrics category includes the following:

- Title bars
    - Menus
    - Message boxes
    - Palette titles
    - Icons
    - Tooltips

The default font, size and emphasis for these is Segoe, 9, bold off. As you appear to find Segoe, 10, bold on easier to view I've attached a WindowMetrics - All.zip file with the following 2 REG files:

WindowMetrics - All (Default Segoe 9, bold off).reg
    WindowMetrics - All (Segoe 10, bold on).reg

Sign out/sign in or restart for the changes to take place.

Hope this helps...
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

CWBillow (2017-04-22)

Thanks
    Thanks, Rick. Yes I do find it easier to read/see.

Chuck

Thanks
    This small utility might be useful to you and others:

System Font Size Changer - https://www.wintools.info/index.php/...t-size-changer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -Moonshine-
    This small utility might be useful to you and others:

System Font Size Changer - https://www.wintools.info/index.php/...t-size-changer
    That's a good find, -Moonshine-. I also note that it's been checked using VirusTotal (Personally I'm not concerned about the 1 flag from Endgame).

A few observations:

1. When first run the tool displays a dialog asking whether you want to save your default settings.

sys-font-changer01.png
    Click to enlarge

Unfortunately there's no info why you would want to, nor any Help/Info link in the tool that provides information about how the created WindowMetrics.reg file can be used.

2. Unlike the screenshot on the website, the default theme is actually the opposite, i.e. white text on black. This means it's impossible to tell at first glance that a blank-looking button is actually an inactive Apply button.

sys-font-changer02.png
    Click to enlarge

3. Whilst the tool is portable, it does write a config file to record the FirstRun setting... but not the Theme setting. So, if you dislike the default white text on black theme, you'll have to change the theme every time you run the tool.

4. The website states:
    The program was created as a consequence of the fact that Microsoft has removed this option in the Windows 10 Creators Update version.
    I was a bit surprised that the tool doesn't use up-to-date nomenclature for the process to put the changed settings into effect:

sys-font-changer03.png
    Click to enlarge

The tool can also be used with Windows 7 and 8.x but why not 'Sign out'? 'Log Off' hasn't been used since Windows 7. Being picky, appending 'to take effect.' may make the purpose of the dialog a little clearer.

Anyway... these are really minor quibbles (and just a personal opinion) and I've no doubt the tool will be useful to people like the OP. I've already added it (and its companion tool, Advanced System Font Changer) to my 'Utilities' USB stick because they both make the use of Creators Update just a little bit easier.

I just think it's a shame that 3rd-parties have to create tools like this to fix issues of Microsoft's own creation.

Hope this helps...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

AdamKertesz (2017-05-05)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There is this little program https://www.wintools.info/index.php/...t-size-changer that help you to manage the size of almost all the fonts to the system. Is a exe but that do not install anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12