Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well very late to the game, but I too am not receiving the articles. The last one I got was from 7-20-2017 about getting more from one drive. I am trying to view the newsletter articles, but I get the same sort of reply in Firefox. Something about the redirect

I am paid up till next year, can someone forward some emails to me so I can read them since the archives is not working? Hopefully that's possible.
    "Every Thing Changes but Change Itself"

[Core I7 6700][Asus Maximus VIII Hero][8GB G.Skill memory][Asus GTX 980Ti Strix][1 x 512GB Samsung 950 Pro][850W Seasonic PSU][Antec 900][Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit][2 x Asus PG278Q]

[Core I5 2500k][Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1)][8GB Corsair memory][Asus ENGT430][1 x 90GB Corsair GT SSD][650W Corsair PSU][Thermaltake DH-202][Windows 7 Home, 64-bit][65" Panasonic Plasma T.V.]

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swatbat2142 View Post
    I am trying to view the newsletter articles, but I get the same sort of reply in Firefox. Something about the redirect
    Tonight (using Opera) I get a message that one of the server certificates has expired when I try to view the newsletters online. When I use Edge I see no such message but it simply doesn't work (Newsletters doesn't open). It doesn't work with IE either.

EDIT: The problem is also covered in this post.
    Last edited by RockE; 2017-09-14 at 20:43.
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup...
    - - - - -
    Home Built System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek High Definition Audio

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I received the latest newsletter (dated 14th) ok today, although the website issue remains unresolved.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This afternoon I was able to login normally and read the newsletters online. It was still working when I tested it a few moments ago.
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup...
    - - - - -
    Home Built System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek High Definition Audio

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can read the newsletters again. Now if we can see if the email system is working; last one I got was dated 7-20-2017. This would be greatly appreciated.
    "Every Thing Changes but Change Itself"

[Core I7 6700][Asus Maximus VIII Hero][8GB G.Skill memory][Asus GTX 980Ti Strix][1 x 512GB Samsung 950 Pro][850W Seasonic PSU][Antec 900][Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit][2 x Asus PG278Q]

[Core I5 2500k][Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1)][8GB Corsair memory][Asus ENGT430][1 x 90GB Corsair GT SSD][650W Corsair PSU][Thermaltake DH-202][Windows 7 Home, 64-bit][65" Panasonic Plasma T.V.]

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The website is working for me now too, albeit a tad slowly.

Lounger
    Thanks
    re: Windows Secrets 9-9-2017 Six Helpful Extensions for Microsoft Edge

Sounds nice but when I found the extension I wanted (Norton's Identity Safe), there was no "Install" button but there was a "Get Updated" button. Thinking that this was explained by my already having Identity Safe (running in IE), I clicked on it to get the updated version. That got me a screen telling me to download "Windows 10 Creator" and that would require a license. Strikes 1 and 2 on Microsoft!

I have purposely not gone to Edge because I rely heavily on Identity Safe. I guess I'm stuck with IE for now.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    RE: How to Use the Microsoft Outlook Mobile App
    One point to observe about this app. If you read message in non-conversation mode like I do, then the search tool becomes almost useless. The search results must always assume a conversation mode and return one match per 'conversation' which may not show the message you want to find because the linked message is not shown.
    I've reported this as a bug to the authors, but no update to fix this oversight. Using outlook in a web browser can find the messages you are looking for. It wasn't obvious initially, but this is the only remaining reason I can find to account for how message search isn't working in the mobile version.

Thanks
    Satrow, WS just changed my user name and password for the lounge. My user name is now the same for both the lounge and WS.

In the past WS subscribers were required to use a different user name for each of these---will this cause problems down the road? Also, the password WS came up with is a temporary one--is this good indefinitely?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Charles

Thanks
    Hi Charles, no it shouldn't cause a problem. I began subscribing ~11 years ago with this user name and had no problems reusing it a couple of years later for my Lounge membership.

The temporary password should be changed to something easier for you to remember; perhaps create uhbod|ysp3lledfra$e™ that would foil dictionary-based attacks and take significant CPU time to decipher, yet be familiar to you?

Edit: would you like me to attempt to merge your old User account with the new one?
    Last edited by satrow; 2017-10-30 at 15:57.

Thanks
    Satrow, it's been a couple of years since I changed my password. How would I change my it for the lounge?

In the past I had a picture I used with my account. How would I use this again.

Thanks for your help.

Charles

Thanks
    In your User Profile > Settings > Edit Email & Password: https://windowssecrets.com/forums/pr...o=editpassword

Your old pictures are still in the system so you might be able to add them to your new Profile without uploading them again.
    Avatar URL: https://windowssecrets.com/forums/im...ine=1454789247
    Profile picture URL: https://windowssecrets.com/forums/im...ine=1375342649

Avatar: https://windowssecrets.com/forums/pr...?do=editavatar

Profile picture: https://windowssecrets.com/forums/pr...editprofilepic

13. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

cesmart4125 (2017-11-02)

Thanks
    Now WS is preventing me from entering my email address when I try to log in as a subscriber. I enter the address; the WS deletes "@gmail.com."

Help! I was hoping to read a couple of articles in the newsletter.

Thanks.
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Goethe

Thanks
    Charles, unless you've changed it, the email address for subscriptions/newsletters should still be your original, the forum is separate and uses a different database/server.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234