Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, I will try No scripts. There are 16 of them on the list of available.
    Is it "No Scripts Suite Lite(revive)" ?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Tracking (noun): The process of following closely, movements and procedures; Spying, Snooping.

If someone comes to your house and you recognize them allowing entry, are you Spying, Snooping on them?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 995 Posts
    Try this to view the chkdsk log - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-dfeb5a631105

From a previous Google to check in Vista, it appeared to be the same as for Win 7 and 10.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by philomel View Post
    Ok, I will try No scripts. There are 16 of them on the list of available.
    Is it "No Scripts Suite Lite(revive)" ?
    It's the one with the picture of the serpent, with the red circle around it and line through it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoScript

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I may have found the problem or rather Mrjimphelps found it for me. The speed sag happens when I am accessing an internet site which has scripts running all over my stuff. Periodically I get a sign which tellsme that some long running script is hogging my sys and allows me to terminate it.
    Now ATT yahoo mail is doing that too, running VERY LONG SCRIPTS, and allowing third parties to do it too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by philomel View Post
    I think I may have found the problem or rather Mrjimphelps found it for me. The speed sag happens when I am accessing an internet site which has scripts running all over my stuff. Periodically I get a sign which tellsme that some long running script is hogging my sys and allows me to terminate it.
    Now ATT yahoo mail is doing that too, running VERY LONG SCRIPTS, and allowing third parties to do it too.
    My browsing had slowed to a crawl about a year ago, so slow that I was considering giving up on the internet. I then found NoScript and added it to Firefox. (I also added Ad Block Plus, but I don't think that made a big difference.) With NoScript, web surfing is fast. And I am amazed at all of the web sites which are running scripts. It is shocking to see how much Google is a part of just about all web sites.

NoScript allows me to see this stuff, and more importantly, block most if not all of it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It was Performance to check the CPU and Memory usage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12