3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Web browsers for Windows XP

Updated web browsers for Windows XP: https://alternativeto.net/list/updat...for-windows-xp

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm still using SR Iron as my main browser though it's been over a year since they stopped supporting XP with updates. Also have Firefox, but, as your link stated, after September, no more updates for XP either. Just check Lunascape (never heard of that one). Might be my future browser so long as they continue to support XP, but I did say might. So long as I still have no issues with SR Iron, I'll keep using SR Iron, but I do know that that won't be an option forever.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Surprised at what I am reading here. I went from IE to MFF which is just as bad as IE. It crashes all the time. I was thinking of going from MFF to Google Chrome.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 996 Posts
    Chrome no longer supports XP so you may want to consider one of those from that linked article.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    uc browser, maxthon, and baidu browser. all based on chromium.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On an old Windows XP computer that serves as a backup I installed Opera, the second browser on the list, and it's working well. I first downloaded the installation file using a newer computer and that didn't work. You have to use the computer you will install the browser on to download the file because they need to detect your operating system and send you the correct installation file. I limped over to opera.com with Internet Explorer 8 to download the correct file.

I tried Slimjet, near the bottom of the list, last year on a newer computer and thought it was a good browser. So, if you like Chromium based browsers, that's one to consider. I left Slimjet to return to Google Chrome, but for just minor reasons.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I seldom browse the web from my Windows XP machines anymore, but when I do browse from any of them I'm running Opera version 12.18 (for years now).
    (They also have AdBlock Plus installed.)
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup...
    - - - - -
    Home Built System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek High Definition Audio

Thanks
    Out of my 20 PC's, I still have a few that run ONLY XP. For a browser I prefer Firefox, just like with all my other OS's.

The only thing about Firefox, is that you have to stay with a version below 43.0 and disable auto upgrades.
    Then, it works just fine.

Cheers Mates!
    The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!