Thanks

Test of 'New Posts'

This is a test post to see whether it's flagged by the 'New Posts' script/button.

Thanks
    @ Rick

Your #1 test post did appear after I clicked on "New Posts".
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    Confuscius said: "no use running harder if you're on the wrong road" and "any problem once correctly understood is already half-solved".

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 1,048 Posts
    Same here.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Many thanks for the replies.

I guess this was a temporary glitch as the 'New Posts' button/script is now working again for me too.

However, I'm experiencing a new glitch. When I click on the 'Post Quick Reply' button I get a 'You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.' dialog.

The only way I've found to avoid this is to hit the 'Go Advanced' button instead.

Thanks
    Which forum skin are you using, Rick?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    Which forum skin are you using, Rick?
    I'm using 'Win', as per usual.

Yay, 'Reply With Quote' seems to be working fine.

But 'Post Quick Reply' doesn't, so I had to use 'Go Advanced' to submit this reply...

(EDIT: Test of whether the 'Last edited' notification text shows. Note that the text didn't appear until I added a 'Reason for Editing'. After the text appeared I then re-edited the post and removed the 'Reason for Editing'. The 'Last edited' notification text remains even though the 'reason' has gone.)
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2017-08-25 at 10:36.

Thanks
    With the Lounge skin it's '+ Quick Reply', the top one doesn't seem to work, the bottom one does.

*name changes to that on activation, other wise it's '+ Reply to Thread', confusing, eh.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Test of horizontal line:

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Test of attaching a zip file using Pale Moon - I can see what I'm doing and it just works like it's supposed to:
    Manage attachments-Pale Moon.png
    Click to enlarge

Test of attaching a zip file using Firefox - I just can't see what I'm doing despite disabling ad blocker, removing ad blocker and replacing ad blocker. The dialog is still borked no matter what I try or how many times I refresh it:
    Manage attachments-Firefox.png
    Click to enlarge

Makes no difference what account I use. Looks like I'm going to have to use Pale Moon.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    I'm not having any real problems using IE11 w/ Adblock Plus.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    Confuscius said: "no use running harder if you're on the wrong road" and "any problem once correctly understood is already half-solved".

Thanks
    As per this post https://windowssecrets.com/forums/sh...=1#post1129241 it shows what I get when using Go Advanced>Attach files.
    I've tried it on W7 IE 11 & Chrome, and also on W10 IE 11, Edge, & Chrome. Some people in the thread had no problems with it and the OP & I did. The insert image works fine.
    The reason I put this in here is because of your screenshot of File Upload Manager.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    As per this post https://windowssecrets.com/forums/sh...=1#post1129241 it shows what I get when using Go Advanced>Attach files.
    I've tried it on W7 IE 11 & Chrome, and also on W10 IE 11, Edge, & Chrome. Some people in the thread had no problems with it and the OP & I did. The insert image works fine.
    The reason I put this in here is because of your screenshot of File Upload Manager.
    My apologies, lumpy95.

I've been avoiding this issue because, whilst I often upload images (which were borked following 2 recent site 'upgrades' but are now working as expected), I rarely upload file attachments. When I had little or no feedback or reply when I first raised the issue of a borked 'file attachments' dialog, I put it down to some sort of configuration on my PC, i.e. my problem, not a 'forum-wide' issue.

However, I now realise that I'm not the only one affected by this issue and that it's ongoing. Please bear with me whilst I do some testing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

lumpy95 (2017-10-10)