3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Text only on BBC

I am using FF 54 64, Win 7 SP1. I have a 200mbps connection, but just lately Firefox seems to be loading pages much slower than it was a while ago. The BBC now only loads as a page of text , other sites work normally. There is an icon up beside the address, hovering over it produces: "You have blocked location information for the Website". However, other sites also have this icon and they load normally, albeit with rather more delay than used to be the case. One other irritant is that chunks of pages are left on screen from time to time when I switch to another site, and they'll persist for some time. (see attached)

Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPG

Any suggestions?

David

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 996 Posts
    Have you tried running Firefox without add-ons - checking to see how IE performs or if you get the same in Safe Mode with Networking ?

Thanks
    Are you using BBC.com? Try BBC.co.uk instead, I find one usually works when the other doesn't.
    Lugh.
    ~
    Dell Alienware Aurora R6 (new 2017)
    Windows 10 Home x64 1709; Office 365 x32
    GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400
    256G SSD, 4TB HD

Thanks
    FWIW I have FF 54.0.1 and both www.bbc.com and www.bbc.co.uk display as I would expect:
    BBC_SS.jpg
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    Confuscius said: "no use running harder if you're on the wrong road" and "any problem once correctly understood is already half-solved".

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In the opening post "I am using FF 54 64" I was wondering if this is a 64 bit version of FF - I know FF intend to auto update to a 64 bit version from v56 but wasn't sure if a 64bit version of FF was available now.

I think we will need to wait for some feed back.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the input. The FF is 64 bit, and the version is 54.0,1. Both BBC.com & .co.uk are the same, text only. All other Websites, at least all that I have looked at, are okay too. My wife's laptop displays both ok, so it's definitely something in my machine. I have tried deleting all history cookies etc.

I just disabled all add-ons and that cleared the problem. Enabled them one at a time, Privacy Badger is the culprit. Strange though that it only caused a problem with the BBC.

David

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Glad you found the culprit.