5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Uninstall Office Home and Student 2013 > clean install > reinstall OHS 2013

Is it possible Uninstall Office Home and Student 2013 > clean install > reinstall OHS 2013 for a new owner of this computer?

Gateway X2110G Win10 Home (x64) desktop: originally Win8 > Win8.1. with a 1.47 GHz AMD E1-1500 APU
    --- Can someone tell me what APU means?

Original owner did not use a Microsoft account and her local administrator account is still on the computer.
    She hasnít used the computer for 3, maybe 4 years.
    My brother took over the computer and created a local administrator account.

The computer isnít infected and WUís have been updated to Version 1703 (build 15063.540).

I wish to do a clean install for him using http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html which I am familiar with. The intent is that my brother is the only user.

But an issue on this computer is that the original owner installed Microsoft - Office Home and Student 2013. She had purchased a product key card at Walmart. Is it possible to uninstall the Microsoft - Office Home and Student 2013, do the clean install and then re-install the Microsoft - Office Home and Student 2013 so my brother can use it?
    He prefers to use a local administrator account if possible.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmptrgy
    But an issue on this computer is that the original owner installed Microsoft - Office Home and Student 2013. She had purchased a product key card at Walmart. Is it possible to uninstall the Microsoft - Office Home and Student 2013, do the clean install and then re-install the Microsoft - Office Home and Student 2013 so my brother can use it?
    From what I can gather, if the original owner has passed on the product key card (or you can use a key finder program) then it won't be an issue. The original registration will be to the device, not the user of the device. (However, the license for Office 2013 is now transferable to another device anyway - see this Office 2013 now transferable blog post from Microsoft.)

For the actual download, have a look at this Download and install or reinstall Office 2013 on a PC or Office for Mac 2011 article from Microsoft. This means that your brother will have to have a Microsoft account and sign in to My Office Account (see Step 1) before wiping the PC so he can sign in again afterwards to download the installer to the new install. There shouldn't be any problems because the new install is to the original device and using the original product key.

Hope this helps...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2017-08-27)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rick, That looks like excellent information, Thanks