Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrosz View Post
    I tried to set up credit freezes today, and all three companies' web sites seem to be overwhelmed. Two of the three said "Try again later".
    Don't forget the 4th: Innovis. I would think the 3 non equifax sites would actually be more important to freeze. JMHO

PS took me several hours to get thru all 4 for 2 people. The CATCHPAS were a bXXXXch

PPS Just remembered I still did not get my free credit report from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

None of the redirects functioned! Maybe in the wee hours tonight....
    Last edited by wavy; 2017-09-17 at 14:05.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy View Post
    PPS Just remembered I still did not get my free credit report from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

None of the redirects functioned! Maybe in the wee hours tonight....
    I only got two of three credit reports. For some unknown reason, Experian popped up a message that I had to call them to get it ...
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrosz View Post
    I only got two of three credit reports. For some unknown reason, Experian popped up a message that I had to call them to get it ...
    For me too, I used

1 888 EXPERIAN (1 888 397 3742)

No more than the usual hassle IIRC

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks

Innovis Consumer Assistance

BTW

Innovis Consumer Assistance
    1-800-540-2505
    David

Thanks
    The only report I could get online was Transunion.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Has anyone tried getting their Equifax credit report from the Annual Credit Report web site? I tried a few weeks ago when the breach made the news and Equifax's site was "down for maintenance" (I was able to get TransUnion and Experian wanted the request mailed to them). I tried again today to get my Equifax report and now the Annual Credit Report site wants me to mail the request with a bunch of documentation. There was no indication as to why they couldn't send the report online.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMainframeGuy View Post
    Has anyone tried getting their Equifax credit report from the Annual Credit Report web site? I tried a few weeks ago when the breach made the news and Equifax's site was "down for maintenance" (I was able to get TransUnion and Experian wanted the request mailed to them). I tried again today to get my Equifax report and now the Annual Credit Report site wants me to mail the request with a bunch of documentation. There was no indication as to why they couldn't send the report online.
    Same thing happened to me on the 18th, the only report I could get was Transunion.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    Same thing happened to me on the 18th, the only report I could get was Transunion.
    This whole thing is nuts. I hope the government is taking this WAY more seriously than they seem to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12