Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Find/Run/Download/Install IE 11 for Win 10

This is a follow-on to a recent post I made in the Win 10 forum.

Today, all of a sudden, I was unable to open Quickbooks, which needs IE to run. Before this I always had a message that my version of IE wasn't up to date. This seems strange, since I'm on a Win 10 machine, but I can't vouch for the process by which it was brought up to that level. There have been no Windows updates between yesterday and today, the Office 365 folder was updated yesterday (but I try not to use it), and I had updated PDF Creator on Monday.

I did a system restore to Monday before updating PDF Creator, and now Quickbooks will open again. I paid more attention to the message and it says I need to update to at least IE 9 -- stranger still.

At any rate, I can't even run IE on my machine. It doesn't show up in a Cortana search, and if I go to a command window iexplore is not a recognized command. A disk search turns up no instances of iexplore.exe except in a subfolder of another application. The Microsoft website doesn't offer a download of IE 11 for Win 10 ("because you already have it") and kindly tells me the version for Win 7 won't run on Win 10. All that's available for Win 10 are all the cumulative security updates.

How can I get a current version of IE running on my system? Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, if that matters. Machine was upgraded from Win 7 (I'm pretty sure it was upgraded, rather than a clean install).

Thanks
    If you don’t have Internet Explorer available via the Search Bar or Windows Accessories, type Manage optional features into the Search Bar > Press the Enter key.

Click the Add a feature tab > Scroll down to Internet Explorer 11 > Select it > Install.

Restart System to reconfigure Windows.
    Last edited by -Moonshine-; 2017-09-28 at 04:21.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Did what you suggested and IE 11 was on the list of those present. I deleted it and reactivated -- I think, since there was no message of any sort but it's listed as present, again -- and today forgot to pay attention to the messages in Quickbooks. I'll keep monitoring and let you know if this helped. At least I don't have my original problem back, which prevented all access to Quickbooks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsliesse View Post
    . . . . I deleted it and reactivated -- I think. . . . .
    The method shown was to install Internet Explorer!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Secondary tax season, so I'm a little slow responding here. I did a system restore and got the old IE back, whatever version it is (should be 11, but Quickbooks still tells me it isn't). QB is working again, which was my primary concern. Thanks for your help!