3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

URL not always loading in Firefox 56.0

Since upgrading to FF 56.0, I have noticed that sometimes (not always) when I click on a link or a shortcut, FF will open but does not show or load the specified URL - it just sits there with nothing in the address bar, doing nothing. If I then click on the link a second time, the URL opens normally in the same instance of FF. Has anyone noticed this?
    Last edited by Bundaburra; 2017-10-08 at 19:32.

Thanks
    Yes, I also have noticed this, except that the URL actually appears in the address bar, and I have to press Enter to get the web page to load.
    I presume Mozilla has also, and it will be fixed in a future version.
    BATcher

Mission: identify what we do best and find more ways of doing less of it better

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't get any page to load at all. Tried uninstalling and re-installing FF, but it didn't help. I then installed a previous version.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not fixed in 56.0.1. On the first click on a link, FF opens with just "Search or enter address" in the address bar. A second click on the same link then puts the address in, and it opens. After the first click, I can put in a completely different address, which will open, and then the original address in the link is lost.

Just a minor annoyance, but should not happen - and did not, prior to 56.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundaburra View Post
    ...On the first click on a link, FF opens with just "Search or enter address" in the address bar. A second click on the same link then puts the address in, and it opens. After the first click, I can put in a completely different address, which will open, and then the original address in the link is lost...
    I have FF 56.0.1 and do not have the problem you describe. Maybe you should have a close look at your FF Add-ons/Extensions?
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    Confuscius said: "no use running harder if you're on the wrong road" and "any problem once correctly understood is already half-solved".