Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chart resizing

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Maud,

I have managed to make progress in the work I am doing for conversion of Excel2003 Macros to Excel2010 Macros.

The tips you provided for locating the Chart/Plots on the Worksheet were very useful.

In this post, I need to locate the "PlotArea" within the chart in a specfic place within the chart. Because depending on the magnitude of the Y-asix values, the plot area shifts to the right. the reason is that I need to allign plot areas of TWO charts so as to examine and compare small parts within the plots in the two charts.

The other point is the the "Colour Scheme" used in Excel2010 for the foreground of the plot curve is rather faint or pastel and so do not contrast well with the background. I would like the colour selection to be the same as the ones used in Excel2003 which were clear and prominant.

I am using "xlThin" as the line thickness in Excel2010 otherwise the lines would look too thick and indistinguishable.

The Comparison of the plot colours is shown in the attached graphics. I could have anywhere between 5 to 100 lines in the upper plot chart and I need the plot areas in the two charts to always line up at the extremeties.

Any tips regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your help...

PhiL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Hi Fil,

Are you overlaying the charts for comparison or stacking vertically? If you could post a sample, I have a couple of ideas I would like to try.

Maud

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Maud,

I am stacking them vertically for comparison. Just as seen in the Screen shots in my last post. Its just that the extremities of the chart have not been shown.

I would like the extremeties of the two plots to "line up" so that each "x-Axis" division markers up between the upper and the lower chart.

The two screenshots in my last post are a comparison between the "colour sets" of the Line Plots in the Excel2010 (upper) and the Excel2003 (lower). I need the "colour set" in the Excel2010 to be of a darker shade to stand out from the colour of the background.

Thanks for your help again....

PhiL

Thanks
    Fil,

I am understanding what you want to achieve. Is it possible to provide a small sample of the data and generated charts which shows the misalignment at the extremities?

Thanks,
    Maud

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, I'll send you some data.....

For now, I can see that the misalignment at the extremities is due to the "magnitudes" of the values of the y-axis markings.

On the top chart, the y-axis values could go up to 3,000,000 or more.

On the lower chart, the y-axis vlues are in percentage values of up to 5.0%.

The screen shot attached shows the result of the difference.
    The numbers of the y-axis are seen to be LEFT justified.
    The requirement is for the LEFT "EDGE' of the plot area rectangle to align with each other

This happens even though I get the LEFT of both the plot area to be equal.

I also have the WIDTH of the Plot area to be equal.

The right extremes of the plot areas Align quite OK.

Thanks

PhiL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    OK, thanks. Just wondering if the plot areas would more align if you formatted the y axis to 5.000000% as a test

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I suppose, the Y-axis numbers will need to be placed on the right hand side of the line on Left Edge of the Plot Area.

In doing that, I dont want to obscure the plot line is it happens to be right at the same location as the number.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12